Friday, April 1, 2011

MARSH WARS

Republic defenders of the marsh.

I just got a letter from the Lego Company.  They have rejected a concept for a new series of toys I call “Marsh Wars.”  I guess I’ll have to send my proposal to George Lucas.  It takes place during the Clone Wars of the Star Wars franchise.  The Sith have sent new invasive species into the wetlands of the galaxy.  These plants increase the energy produced by the dark side of the force, giving Darth Sidious more power to take over the Republic.   It is up to the Jedi Order and the clones under their command to stop these plants:  narrow-leaf cattail and reed canary grass

Battle of Rat River, notice marsh is already infected by narrow-leaved cattail.

Sith Captain 

I suppose I can understand that the Lego Company may not like my proposal, but they did not need to be so rude in letting me down.  They called my proposal a “disturbing 700 page manifesto.”  I did a significant amount of research and I stand behind every word of that document, and to be fair it is only 682 pages.  “We agree that invasive species pose a significant threat to wetland and other environments, but we do not wish Lego toys sets to include Roundup and other herbicides.”  Well, I hate pesticides, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Perhaps they could have given me some tips on how to improve my concept rather than saying “We truly wish you the best with whatever devastating affliction you have.”  I really wished they had passed this on to George Lucas and his team instead of “… we are sending our concerns to your local law enforcement and the FBI.”  

April Fools!!  I know I did not fool anyone, but I hope you got a chuckle if you share my sick sense of humor. 
The Sith "Planters"

3 comments:

  1. I apologize to Star Wars fans that notice the mix of characters from different movies. My boys toys are an eclectic mix. Many of the Jedi have fallen to the dog, and couch cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is every kind of awesome. You Sir have nothing to apologize for. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for my apology. I stand by my spoken apology to my son, who noticed the Wampa's horn was pointing up. Critics...

    ReplyDelete